Run MongoDB on Windows
Jump to navigation Jump to search
To get MongoDB running on a recent version of Windows (preferably 64-bit):
- Download and unzip the current version of MongoDB.
- Unpack this zip file in your Program Files directory, calling in mongodb.
- Add C:\Program Files\mongodb\bin to your PATH environment variable by going to System->Advanced System Settings->Environment Variables. (System can be accessed by right-clicking on the start menu/start icon.)
- Create the directory C:\data\db
- You can run MongoDB now by typing mongod at a command prompt. If you want your databases to be elsewhere, type mongod --dbpath /path/to/db